Come and explore beautiful Isla Carmen and Danzante in the Loreto National Marine Park.
The Loreto National Marine Park encompasses 5 major islands. Isla del Carmen is the largest, at about 60nm around, and has the most variety.
From white sand beaches and marine fossil deposits to volcanic cliffs of startling colors; from protected coves to ruggedly exposed points, the scenery keeps changing. Rock hopping and sea caves number among the paddling delights. The eastern side faces the open sea, the distant islands of Santa Catalina and Monserrate, and of course the brilliant Baja sunrise. The western shore faces the Sierra la Giganta, a sheer mountain range rising from the sea nearly a mile high.
Isla del Carmen has the only ghost town in the park. Salinas once employed the majority of Loreto’s work force in harvesting sea salt from a vast inland lagoon. Isla del Carmen also has a fresh water spring, refreshing for rinsing off the salt halfway through your trip, and an essential resource for a self-supported circumnavigation. Daily paddling distances vary, but average about 10nm on this trip. One to two layover days are built into the itinerary in case of wind, and to explore special areas in more detail.
This all-inclusive trip takes care of all the planning needed to come and experience this world class UNESCO biosphere reserve. From airport transfer into town, accommodation in town before and after the trip and all but personal camping items for the expedition we have it all covered. You just need to book your flight and pay for a few meals in town.
Our group along with OSKC senior guides James and Dympna and our local Mexican guide Marcos will meet up in Loreto Airport.
What is included:
- Shuttles from Loreto Airport to Loreto town on March 10th and back on March 24th.
- Day trip to hike Coronados Island Volcano and swim with sealions 23rd March
- 10-day Sea Kayaking Expedition including shuttle from Loreto Town to launch point.
- Local Mexican guide, Marcos and OSKC senior guides James and Dympna
- Shuttles from trip take-out back to Loreto town
- High-end Nigel Dennis sea kayaks and equipment for trip
- Group gear for 10-day expedition
- Gourmet meals three times a day plus snacks while on trip
- Accommodation in the town of Loreto pre-trip from March 10-11th
- Accommodation in the town of Loreto post-trip from March 21st-24th.
What you should bring:
- Tent, Sleeping mat and sleeping bag
- Personal clothing on and off water
- Spending money in Pesos or USD.
What is not included:
- Meals before and after expedition.
- Flights to and from "LTO" (Loreto International Airport)
|Trip Name||Baja, Mexico - Loreto to La Paz|
|Dates||In Baja: March 10th-24th 2018 On Trip: Mar 12th-21st. Included day trip: Mar 23rd|
|Duration||15 Days in Baja, Mexico, 10 Days on trip.|
|Price||$3600CDN ($300 deposit due on booking. 2nd Payment Dec 1st. Final payment Feb 15th)|
|Start Location||Loreto International Airport (LTO)|
|Travel Options||View our traveler's information page|