The classic Baja coastal trip, plus some islands along the way.
The Loreto to La Paz Challenge has it all! A journey that really goes somewhere, mountains that rise from the sea, remote islands, and genuine Baja fishing villages along the way. Connect with the sea, and the people who live from it.
It’s the sense of going somewhere. It’s the spiny ridge of the Giganta mountain range that keeps civilization at bay. It’s the richness of the sea, and the romance of distant islands on the horizon.
This trip launches from a beach 15 miles south of Loreto, and takes out at a fish camp north of La Paz on a genuine Baja dirt road. In between are 10 days of freedom. Ten days of life as a band of sea gypsies. Enjoy creative geology, 5-star beaches, some challenging headlands, the occasional cave and isolated fishing village, shy pockets of palm trees, and a typical tailwind.
Our group along with OSKC senior guides James and Dympna and our local Mexican guide Marcos will meet up in Loreto Airport.
What is included:
- Shuttles from Loreto Airport to Loreto town on March 18th and back on April 1st
- Day trip to hike Coronados Island Volcano and swim with sealions 31st March
- 10-day Sea Kayaking Expedition from Loreto to La Paz
- Local Mexican guide, Marcos and OSKC guides James and Dympna
- Shuttles from La Paz back to Loreto town
- High-end Nigel Dennis sea kayaks and equipment for trip
- Group gear for 10-day expedition
- Gourmet meals three times a day plus snacks while on trip
- Accommodation in the town of Loreto pre-trip from March 18-19th
- Accommodation in the town of Loreto post-trip from March 29th - April 1st.
What you should bring:
- Tent, Sleeping mat and sleeping bag
- Personal clothing on and off water
- Spending money in Pesos or USD.
What is not included:
- Meals before and after expedition.
- Flights to or from "LTO" (Loreto International Airport)
- (If you choose to extend your stay all expenses are your own.)
|Trip Name||Baja, Mexico - Loreto to La Paz|
|Dates||In Baja: March 18th-April 1st 2017 On Trip: Mar 20th-29th. Included day trip: Mar 31st|
|Duration||15 Days in Baja, Mexico, 10 Days on trip.|
|Price||$3600CDN ($1000 deposit due on booking. 2nd Payment Jan 1st. Final payment Feb 15th)|
|Start Location||Loreto International Airport (LTO)|
|Travel Options||View our traveler's information page|